SAVE THE COW

Save The Cow Blog is a dedicated flexitarian food journal of healthy recipes.

Friday, February 25, 2011

EVERYWHERE BUT HOME & EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK

Moving back has been wonderful and as I have started my first week of Yoga Teacher Training, things have gotten a little hectic.  As I spent a few days with my cousin in LA, she kept mentioning something that sort of bothered me.  She'd say, "I'm trying to live where I live."  I agreed with her that this was a good idea.
Since the time we have moved back, I made it a goal to stay out in Ramona.  It's very hard to stay there when our in laws live right over the hill in a place where there is all that there is over the hill.  We haven't make it back to where we are "supposed" to live since we left.  We do plan however, to go back for church this Sunday and that should start us off to live where we live--And I say that thinking we probably will come back next week.  We are so bad at that.
As I was coming back from Teacher Training in Point Loma a few nights ago, I was getting on the 5 and the sign read LA North.  I almost didn't get on.  It just didn't seem right.  My whole life LA was South.  That sign gave me this weird sense of reality.  I wanted to change the sign to feel more comfortable.  After all I do live here and I would feel more comfortable stating that LA was South.  Nice logic Kel but obviously ignorance to it doesn't help.
I wonder how long it will take for me to tell people that I am from San Diego.  Those words are hard to muster.  The sad part is I absolutely love it here.  Things are going great.  I have been overwhelmingly welcomed into the ward and social friend groups.  It's almost as exciting as starting college again or arriving in a new area in your mission. Robbie and I are getting started on charting out our newlywed back from college course.  It's a very exciting time and no time to have this small since of identity crises.  I need to live where I live just like Loni said.  And I'm telling you I am enjoying it.
We will conclude our vagabond voyages this Sunday and when we do I can finally wear something else and get back to some of my favorite girlie products in my bathroom.  Something that has stuck since we have been voyaging around California due to sickness and potential weight gain is the conscious goal to feed my body good things that it deserves, I give you one of my soup creations...Everything but the kitchen sink soup.  Enjoy and be inspired to put all that you have in your kitchen away in one big brewing pot.

VAGABOND MOOCHER SOUP

1 Large can of Tomato Paste (TJ's Tuscany choice)
2 Cups vegetable broth
1 Bag of 12 bean lentil soup mix from TJ's  You can also do whatever beans you want about 3 cups
4 Branches of celery chopped
3 Clumps of cauliflower chopped
7 Small peppers sliced (get bag from Costco)
1 Zucchini diced into triangles
1/4 Cabbage sliced
1/4 Onion diced
1 or 2 Jalapeno peppers diced and include the seeds
Crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt to taste.

Show you a picture later!

No comments:

Post a Comment