SAVE THE COW

Save The Cow Blog is a dedicated flexitarian food journal of healthy recipes.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Veggie Juice


I am a morning person despite my husbands internal clock.  I have a bad habit of pestering my husband to wake up because I want to hang out and go and do something fun.  The other morning Calli and I had an extremely early morning get together.  I think I was there by 8:00 am.  This was probably to the relief of my husband who could finally catch a little more Z's.
Our top secret early bird gathering was rooted in one of Calli's specialty morning drinks.  She has a juicer.  She juiced me up some carrots, cucumbers, celery, & apple.  It was oddly enough delicious.  It was sweet and had a beautiful texture... actually there was no texture and that was the beauty of it.
This morning I figured why not make my own?  I don't need a juicer to indulge in such a nutrient rich morning treat.  I will admit I was wrong.  I added carrots, brussel sprouts, spinach, & apple.  The taste was bearable, it was the texture that was heinous.  I really had to water it down and let everything settle to the bottom before I came close to finishing it.
I think I'll be sticking to my spinach fruit smoothies or use a juicer next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment