SAVE THE COW

Save The Cow Blog is a dedicated flexitarian food journal of healthy recipes.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HONEY APPLE DESSERT




I remember when Apples were in season in Saratov Russia fall of 2009.  No one seemed to be able to get rid of their apples fast enough.  They were everywhere and going for so cheap and the best part of all--they were the most wonderful tasting apples I remember ever eating.  Oh how I miss the produce from the dacha (a private plot of land in Russia used for agriculture.)  Something else that was heavenly there, was the honey.  I'm sure we have honey just as good but it's so seldom that you think to buy it at the farmers market.  Slap on my wrists.  Anyway,  I love this recipe.  Natalia, my dear beautiful Russian friend made it for Less and I one evening.

1 Apple
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup slivered Almonds (thats my addition)

As you can tell it's basically apples with honey and almonds if you wish.  This is one of my favorite desserts when I want to be bad but not that bad before bed.  I usually have it with tea.

3 comments:

  1. sounds delicious, but what do you do with the ingredients? and really a whole 1/2 cup of honey?? do you cook them or just cut them up small?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalia put tons of honey in a cup with sliced up apples but I forgot to clarify that I intentionally meant for the recipe to inspire the snacking of sliced apples in honey with almonds stuck to it. :)
    Or you could cut up the apples into small triangles and mix honey around them and sprinkle the almonds on top. Be creative. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete