SAVE THE COW

Save The Cow Blog is a dedicated flexitarian food journal of healthy recipes.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

QUINOA ADDICT

Knowing I'm a Quinoa Addict, I give you yet another Quinoa recipe.  I made this today when Robbie and I enjoyed our lunch outside in the gorgeous San Diego Sun.  Lately, Rob has been obsessed with the George Forman grill and turkey burgers.  I made quinoa as a side dish.
One of my girlfriends that I met this summer showed me a recipe for salad dressing when we went on a retreat to hike Zion.  It involved balsamic and whole grain mustard.  It's a really good combo.  I think she probably added minced garlic too.  We forwent the garlic today and forwent the salad as well and made the dressing into a flavor for the Quinoa.

Mustard Seed Quinoa

Prepare 1 cup of Quinoa (dry).
Mix in 1 1/2 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard (We heart Trader Joe's)
Mix in 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
Mix in 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste. (My taste is going generous with both.)

I added raisins sprinkled in.  I also think that finely chopped up steamed carrot would be a nice addition but I haven't tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment